Born in Lisbon he got a degree in Management and Business Administration at the Portuguese Catholic University in 1993.
In 2005, he obtained an Executive Master of Business Administration from AESE / IESE (Business School at Navarra University in Spain).
Currently and since February 2012 he is Senior Advisor to the Board of Directors at AdP-Águas de Portugal SGPS, SA (AdP SGPS).
• From March 2009 until June 2015 he was non-executive member of the Board of Directors of Simria, an AdP group company for the region of Aveiro.
• From September 2006 until February 2012 he was Head of the CEO Office Unit at AdP SGPS.
• Between March 2010 and July 2012 he was also member of the Board of Directors at AQUASIS - Information Systems S.A. (an AdP group company).
• Between October 2007 and December 2008 he was Chairman of the Board of Directors at AdP-Formação, an AdP group company for Training and Professional Valuation.
• Between December 2005 and September 2006, he was Advisor to the Board of Directors at AdP SGPS.
• Previously he worked as an independent consultant for the internet B2B site eConstroi.com , owned by the company Vortal SA.
• Between 1999 and 2005, he held different functions in several companies of ONI TELECOM Group, with responsibilities in New Business Development, Strategy, Marketing and Commercial areas.
• Between 1997 and 1999, he was responsible for New Business Development (Sport TV start-up) at the holding company of TV Cabo Portugal group and was also Deputy Marketing Director at Premium TV.
• From January 1995 to April 1997 he was Credit Analyst of large companies in the “Banque Nationale de Paris” at Lisbon.
• He began his professional career in 1993 as Financial Auditor at PriceWaterhouseCoopers